Monday, October 13, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 9

Day 9: In Memory

When Ari passed away, we had to make the hardest decision of our lives...do we bury our baby, or have her cremated? Well, I didn't have the heart to bury my baby. I just couldn't. I carry a cross around my neck every day with her ashes in it. It sits perfectly at my heart...so no matter what, she us always near my heart. I also hope that one day, we as a family can all go out to California and spend some time there. Then, take a boat out onto the ocean and spread some of her ashes just like we did with my Great Grandparents, will most likely do with my grandmother and my mother, as well as myself.

I also got a tattoo to commemorate her. I love it. I have quite a few tattoos, but this one is by far my favorite and most meaningful. It's perfectly beautiful, just like Ari. I remember sending my tattoo artist the most horrific looking thing (in comparison to what I got) that I wanted. When I went in to get it done, she showed me the drawing and I was just shocked at how perfect it was. If you are in MN, and are looking for a great tattoo shop, check out Evolution Tattoo.

We also have a whole shelf in our house that holds pictures, signs, angels, her urn, all sorts of things. It's something our family can look at every day and be reminded of her. While pictures will never do her beauty justice, it's all we have and I'm so glad I was such a camera freak when we were home together. 

Ariella Grace. 9.2.12 - 10.29.12 ‪#‎CaptureYourGrief‬ ‪#‎WhatHealsYourHeart‬ ‪#‎AriellaGrace‬

No comments:

Post a Comment