Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 28

Day 28: Words of Wisdom

I think we have all heard of the 5 stages of grief before (Denial/Isolation, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance). Each person moves through them so differently. Honestly, my personal walk with grief has been such a whirlwind that I think I have gone through each stage multiple times in the past two years. When it comes to wisdom though, what I can share about my grief, and how to deal with it, is this...

  • Don't EVER be afraid to say my baby's name. If you don't know it, it is Ariella Grace. I WANT to hear it. I WANT to know that she is not forgotten. 
  • There may be days where you see me, and my eyes are red and puffy, I look like I've just cried for hours, and I probably did. But if I'm talking to you, I'm probably OK at that moment. If I run away, then you'll know I am not OK. 
  • Yes. I cry. Get over it. 
  • Grief of you child is not something you take day by day. It is something that comes minute by minute. 
  • If you are having a bad day, don't feel like you can't come talk to me because your problem is so "small"...I'm an open book and love to talk to anyone, about anything. 
  • Be there. It's hard sometimes...I get it. It's hard for me too. But just be there. 

I'm sure there is a lot more that I could say...a lot more I could try and think of...but these are the main things. 

Grief sucks. To say the very least. However, with love, support, prayers and friendships, it is manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment