Friday, October 17, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 16

Day 16: retreat
My retreat most days is my car. I have a long drive to and from work. When it is winter, my commute can triple or quadruple depending on the roads. I spend a lot of time in there and it gives me a lot of time to pray, worship and think. It also gives me plenty of time to scream, yell and cry. Because we all know that grief isn't constantly rainbows and butterflies.

3 kids will do that to ya though...there's no such thing as a "quiet" place in the house. So my car has become my solace place.

If I had a REAL retreat...a REAL place I would want to go and get away...it would be here. Along the beautiful beaches of Fiji. A place I have always dreamed of going to escape...even if just for an hour. The sound of the ocean, the feeling of being (literally) in the middle of no where, the sand between my toes. It would almost...almost be heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment