Friday, October 3, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 3

Capture Your Grief: Day 3: Before

Today is about sharing who I was before we lost our daughter. Before the most unimaginable thing happened.

Before you passed away, I was happy. I was hopelessly in love (and still am). I didn't have a clue though the amount of love a person can really hold for another. I never ever EVER thought that something like this could happen to me, or our family. 

Somewhere deep inside though, I knew we wouldn't have you for long.

From the moment I found out I was pregnant (which happened to be Christmas eve) my world was a living fairy tale. I had my prince charming, and now we were going to have a baby that would help complete our blended family. We were all elated! I told the family that I was pregnant on Christmas morning of 2011. Dad was kind of confused at first, but he eventually realized the three pregnancy tests in front of him were all positive and that mama was pregnant! I was so excited!

   


I took pictures every single week of my growing belly. I made sure to capture every moment of my pregnancy and life while I was pregnant with you. We had a "gender reveal" party to tell everyone what we were having...and it was...

  

A GIIIRL!!!! I LOOOOVED being pregnant with you. It was the most incredible thing.

 







We had a baby shower where we were gifted with so many blessings and beautiful things for you...

I mean...it was a LOOT!

Then you arrived and you were perfection. I swear there were fairies all around that just sprinkled love and glitter all around. Everything just seemed so unbelievably perfect. 

   

When you were born, you came out so dang fast that you never really had a chance to let go of all of the fluids in your body, so the doctors had to suck them out for you. This did NOT make you happy. In all your fussing and screaming, your big sister was patiently waiting to hold you, so we gave you to her and all of a sudden, there was silence. You put the biggest smile on your biggest sister!!! And she still remembers it to this day. 

 

From there, you and I spent the next 8 weeks together. We bonded. We snuggled. We did photo shoots. I never put a camera down. It was always up and always ready to snap a photo. You also got to meet a lot of really awesome people...

   
 


This is definitely not everyone...but you met a LOT of friends! 

As I laid you down to sleep on October 28th, 2012, I knew something was wrong. You weren't being you. I just had a feeling that things would not be the same when I woke up. 
And they weren't. 

Before.

While you were only with us for 8 weeks...they were the greatest 8 weeks of my life.
Ariella Grace. 9.2.12 - 10.29.12
#‎CaptureYourGrief‬ ‪#‎WhatHealsYourHeart‬ ‪#‎AriellaGrace‬

No comments:

Post a Comment