Thursday, October 2, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 2

Here we are, day 2 of Capture Your Grief. I must say, I didn't think much of this one until I had totally finished up my drawing, and I was taking a picture of it. I was reminded of sitting in the living room when Ari had passed away. 



There were so many people, and just a ton of things going on all at once. I could barely think, let alone understand all the garbity gook that was going on. However, I do remember, quite clearly, that not too long after she was taken from our home, we were asked if we would like to donate her organs. I looked at my husband, knew that he knew what I was thinking and responded "YES". As we went throughout the process of signing papers, preparing the body, etc. we came to find that the only organ they were able to hold and take was her HEART.

I can't lie. There was a little part of me that was angry. Asking God, "why not all of it!?! You took her from me, at least let her help others as much as possible!!" It truly was a boggle of my mind. I didn't understand. However, we arrived at her wake and received these little pins.
As silly as it sounds, these pins made it OK for me. Ok that it was "just" her heart that they took. Because no matter what, I knew that for a fact, her little heart would live on in others for a very long time. Her light will shine in others. 

I imagine sometimes that I may actually get to meet the recipient(s) of her organ donation, and that when I do, I will see her in them. 

Here is my "social media" post:

Day 2: Heart
Oh Ari...how special you are. From the moment you were born I knew your heart was made of gold. Little did I know, your little golden heart would stop beating one morning. 


However, as we sat on our living room in shock, we were asked if we would like to donate our sweet angels organs. Without a question of doubt we said yes. 

The only organ they were able to take was Ari's HEART. As devastating as losing her has been, we knew she will always live on in the hearts of others. I miss you my sweet girl...  

"the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" Psalm 34:18

Ariella Grace. 9.2.12 - 10.29.12 ‪#‎CaptureYourGrief‬ ‪#‎WhatHealsYourHeart‬ ‪#‎AriellaGrace‬

No comments:

Post a Comment