Monday, October 20, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 17

Day 17: explore

Well, apparently the weekends really screw me up. I've been thinking it's day 16 for 4 days now. As you'll see in some of my photos...



Anywho...

I've been trying to think of what to post about this all day...and then it finally hit me. 

This beautiful mess of grief is like climbing through the Rockies when I was little. Having the mountains as your backyard gave plenty of opportunity for exploring. I could literally walk out my back door to a mountain. We constantly had elk in our yard. There was never such a thing as not seeing wild life on the way to school. EVER. 

You had to be careful though. The terrain is unforgiving. There are wild animals everywhere. The weather was so unpredictable some days, one second you'd be wearing your winter gear, the next you are in a t-shirt. I loved this place. I still do. I wish I could visit it more often. My father is buried out there and it would mean so much to just be able to visit him and heal from that loss that happened over 15 years ago. 

Colorado reminds me so much if the journey we have been through with the loss of our sweet girl. It's rocky, sometimes scary, other times you are just trekking through. As a whole though, when you get to the top of the mountain and look at all that you've had to go through to get where you are, the quick realization sets in if how beautiful and perfectly made it all is.

9.2.12 - 10.29.12
Ariella Grace.

#CaptureYourGrief #WhatHealsYourHeart #AriellaGrace

No comments:

Post a Comment