Tuesday, March 5, 2013

In the beginning...

When I look back to 3 years ago now, it's crazy to think what I have been through, along with my family. 3 years ago I found God. Desperately trying to fix my life, I found him. I guess moving back in with your parents really changes a girl ;) I guess it wasn't some spectacular story. I lived on my own with my daughter. We ended up moving in with a roommate who went a bit crazy on us, and so I had no choice but to move us in with my mom and step-dad. 

THIS is when I started going to church. When I needed something to help me. I was ready for anything at this point. A miracle. And I found it. 

1st service I went to. WHEW! It was a doozy. 4th of July. Pastor talkin about freedom. Wrote about some of this in my first blog. Needless to say, I walked out a sobbing mess and ready to give mine and my daughters life to Christ. 

Now again, in the early days I wasn't the best "Christian" example. It was summertime, I was 22, beer is good. I was still called though. Called to go to church, to worship, to pray, to meet other people. Along side me was a guy I started dating, who I'm lucky enough to now call my husband. When we first met, we were both finding Christ. It's been a journey we've taken very much together, hand in hand. Looking back, there's no one I would rather do it with than him. My husband has built my faith, from the beginning and he continues to every day. 



It's amazing how far we have come. Battled. Continue to battle and come out on top. In 3 years, my husband and I have been through more than most relationships go through in 10 years. I'll get into a lot of it at some point...but from the beginning...this guy...

...has built my faith, my love and my passion for God. Of course it was the big man behind it all along, but he brought me a gift of awesomenes!

Somehow we just knew from the moment we met, we weren't meant to be together. Our journey started together, and will end together. It's a "LEAP OF FAITH" we took together.

No comments:

Post a Comment