Tuesday, April 30, 2013

To my dear friend, who has lead a path of faith for me...

To a dear dear friend of mine on the week before her wedding...

You lovely spark of awesomeness you. I'm so very proud, happy, excited, giddy, joyful, peaceful and just overall elated for your big day that is coming up this weekend. On top of all of that I feel so very honored and blessed that you have asked me to be a part of it. Your joy with the man of your dreams has just elated me and seeing your dream come true brings my heart to little melting droplets. I just know it's literally going to be a gross explosion of love for you two this weekend and I can't WAIT to see it! Flashback, about a year and a half ago:

You and I at my wedding...ahhh what a day! Was so happy to see and have you there!
Can't wait for those dresses to be reversed! :) hehe
Before YOUR big day, I thought it would be a good idea to say thank you. Thank you for leading me. Thank you for showing me what faith is. Thank you for being there for prayers, love and support when I've needed it. Thank you for showing me that having faith isn't so weird after all. Thank you for being so strong to put up with my craziness and joking about being a bible bumper. Who would have thought all these years later I'd be a Christ follower with ya? So thank you. You have done more than you know, and as I stand back and watch you grow into a new person with your fiance, and shine even more, I can't help but thank GOD for bringing you into my life.You are beautiful. You are inspiring. You are amazing and you are MY FRIEND! I am SO BLESSED to have you in my life. Another flashback: 
 
One of our fun trips to Duluth. Sick kid, cranky kid, cranky us, apples and a fun football game!


Your faith was always a strong suit, something that intrigued me. It has led me to having faith as well and as you know, growing more than either of us could have imagined. You planted a seed, that seed has sprouted and is now growing inside of me, so no matter how far apart we live, how often we talk or how often we see each other, you will always be a part of me that helps plant seeds into others. Your kind heart will always be a reminder of what it is like to be Christ-like, and your joy in life will always be a reminder of the joy you've given me. Ok, one more flash back...hahaha...

21st birthday, yep...it was awesome!

 Through the years of knowing you my dear friend, we have seen and been through many challenges. One thing has never changed, your belief in me in finding Christ. So again, I stop to thank you, for always having that faith that I would walk the walk with you. Speaking of walk, something you once said has always stayed in my mind:  

"By the way, what no one ever told you about this Christian walk – it doesn’t stop the fact that you’re still the same old spitfire on the inside and now you have to act on the spirit, and not the flesh, even when the flesh wants to tell your coworkers where they can go shove it. Kill ‘em with kindness, oh joy." 

So soooo true. So very happy to have another spitfire to walk with (yes, I'm talking about you)! You are so wise my dear, and again, I'm very blessed to have you as my friend!

I SERIOUSLY can't wait for this weekend! Love you always, and looking forward to many many years ahead of us as friends and as bible bumpers :) 

Here's to you and your lover boy, and many years of happiness to follow! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment